CELEBRATING! … WE PLANTED TREES!!!
We are thrilled to let you know that in the past year 2019, the portion of our sales that we collected on behalf of Forests Ontario tree planting program reached a sum that will allow Forests Ontario to plant forty-four trees! We would like to thank all of our dear customers for helping us to support this great cause. Trees and forests are so important in our lives and for the health and wellbeing of our beautiful planet!!!
As you are aware there are many associations with excellent goals that need support. If we could raise tons of money we would help everybody but with our limited resources we can only help a few. So we decided that starting in 2020 we will fundraise for, and donate to a different charity each year.
In 2020 we will support the Little Angels Blood Cancer Fund : This worthy organization “provides financial support to qualified patients undergoing treatment for blood cancer or a stem cell transplant at the Ottawa Hospital. We help patients experiencing financial difficulty by funding non-medical expenses such as travel, accommodation, childcare and food.”
WHY LITTLE ANGELS?!
Choosing a charity devoted to assisting those with cancer meant a lot to us, especially this year. It is with great sadness that we share the news that the gifted knitting designer Adrienne Fong, passed away late last year after losing a long battle with cancer. We feel blessed that we had the opportunity to work with this talented lady. Her wonderful sock pattern To Bling Or Not To Bling is one we treasure.
It is in honour of her memory we have decided to donate a portion of all of our knitting and crochet kits sales to the Little Angels Blood Cancer Fund .
What Is Remembered Lives!
ADRIENNE’S GIFT TO YOU!!!
Starting now, the digital copy of Adrienne’s pattern To Bling Or Not To Bling Socks will also be available free of charge. If you prefer a print copy you will only be charged the cost of printing the pattern.
Thank You All For Your Support!
SO MANY CHOICES!!!
While researching different charitable organizations we found many associations we were interested in. Selecting only one from so many worthy causes was very challenging.
So we decided to share a list of a few of the others that we felt particularly drawn to. Some are better known than others but all are making a difference and deserve recognition and support. To learn more about them, visit their websites or call them.
- Ronald Macdonald House: This much needed organization “provides families of sick children with a home to stay at while their child is being treated at a nearby hospital”. 1-800-387-8808
- Cornwall hospice provides end of life care in a home like setting to the residents of the city of Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry as well as Prescott and Russel counties.” 613-938-2763
- Maison Interlude: supports women and children who are victims of domestic violence in Prescott and Russel counties and United Counties of Stormont Dundas and Glengarry. 1-800-461-1842
- The Vankleek Hill Food Bank is a once-a-month source of food for those in need in our little town. Contact Rev. James Douglas, Knox Presbyterian Church in Vankleek Hill. 613-678-8119
- Phone It Forward: “Donate a smartphone. Change the life of someone who’s blind. With millions of smartphones gathering dust each year as users upgrade to newer models, Phone It Forward gives Canadians a unique opportunity to donate their old smartphones, receive a tax receipt, and empower people who are blind in the process.” 1-833-554-5020
- South Nation Conservation: their goal is to protect and restore a healthy watershed in our area ( Prescott and Russel counties, United Counties of Stormont Dundas and Glengarry, United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and the city of Ottawa). 1-877-984-2948
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME!
Many of the charities in this list are local to Belles Bouclettes farm and Vankleek Hill. By helping one of the organizations located in our area we feel we are helping our own neighbours.
ADDING TO THE LIST?!
If you would like to share about a charity that you personally support please do! Leave a comment below (please remember to include contact info) and let our readers know about a worthwhile association. The more we talk about them the more it helps.